Tuesday, June 1, 2010

5.25.1950 to 5.25.2010

My Mom had a big birthday last week and to celebrate she threw a luncheon for all of her friends. I flew home to Pennsylvania on a surprise visit to help with the preparations...and to take part in the festivities.

Happy Birthday Mom! It's going to be a great year. You certainly know how to throw a party!

I took a few photos of the pre-party set-ups:

Here's the bar table for mimosas, iced tea, and Pelligrino
And here's the sideboard with plates, linen napkins, and silverware
My Mom has a beautiful collection of vintage linens - these are from my grandmother, Mimi.
On the invitations, my Mom requested NO GIFTS. But...I thought this was such a kind gesture: one of her guests sent flowers the day before her party so they could be on display and enjoyed by many at the party.
Here's the dining room table before the food was put out. My Mom arranged the flowers...she is one talented lady.
Detail of the table cloth - again, this is a vintage heirloom from Mimi.
She ordered Petite Fours from our local bakery. Delicious and cute!
Here is a close-up shot of the party favors. My Mom made 31 of these chicken potholders for her guests. Aren't they adorable? Each one was a different combination of fabrics.
She displayed her party favors on the center hall staircase. Martha Stewart would be proud.

1 comment: