Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Walk through

Jon and I just had our final walk through in our new house. We close tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. I can't believe it's already here! Seeing the house empty...or nearly empty...reminded us how much work we inherit as soon as we sign all those papers tomorrow. Jon's words while we were walking through the office/guest bedroom were, "Wow, I forgot how much work there is to do." 

Yeah. Me too. 

We have wallpaper to strip in 3/4 of the house. A room to completely gut and redo. A kitchen that needs major overhaul (not sure when we'll be able to afford that little project). A 1/4 bath that needs to become a 1/2 bath (who puts a toilet in a closet, but neglects to add a sink?). Carpets to rip up. Walls to patch and paint. Windows to strip and reputty. Etc, etc. 

We will go from living in a mini-shanty to a normal house with bedrooms! I think I need a drink.




No comments:

Post a Comment