Saturday, September 5, 2009

Beadboard on the ceiling!

My vision is sllllowly coming together. Originally I thought I wanted the beadboard to be horizontal on the ceiling. I figured that the horizontal lines would draw your eye lengthwise making the room seem longer. Well...we encountered that old house CHARM again. It seems that there is about a 4 inch change from one side of the room to the other, so the horizontal beadboard would have made the slope look very obvious. So, we decided to go vertical with our beadboard. In the end I don't think the direction mattered too much...the beadboard looks amazing. I'm soo excited to see it completely finished!




Now that I've updated the blog...I'm off to go paint for the rest of the day. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. It all looks so great! I got so inspired by the shower I order some DIY bathrom books from Amazon. I may need to contract for some consulting services. Next summer we are gutting the bathroom, I can hardly wait!

    ReplyDelete